Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kids!

I'm not feeling profound today, so I decided to give you some candid shots to trip your cute meter. These kids are the most fun thing about my stay so far. They absolutely go berserk when you take their photo and then show them! It's like the funniest thing to them! I imagine some of them have never seen their own photo, unless lots of other crazy camera-toting muzungus (white people) like us have driven through their villages. Even the adults think it's the greatest thing, except there are some who don't want their picture taken. I know we provide them quite the entertainment! Anyway, enjoy! I love these!
These are some kids who were playing around by a soccer game that we went to watch. One of the Baldwins, guards, Theo, plays on this team and we wanted to see him in action. I didn't follow the game too well, though. I kept getting distracted flirting with these kids, taking pictures, and drawing in the dirt with them.



These are some of the village kids that live near Jotham's Center. Usually when we go there they are hanging around outside the gate, trying to see inside, curious about what we're doing in there.




And here are some kids from another village we were in today. We went to visit a place where they teach organic gardening and farming, and we met these cuties up the road a ways. It started with two and more just kept coming. These kids would laugh and squeal at their pictures and then beg for "another photo"! There were about three of us taking one picture after another and they just really got into it, showing off and everything! The one kid is quite the acrobat. He was walking around in this position for a bit, but he also did a handstand and a flip! Oh, if you notice the one woman in the background with the little feet sticking out at her waist? She has a baby tied on her back. That's how they carry their babies.





Everywhere I go, the kids trip my trigger. Can you blame me? They are so precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment