Monday, October 5, 2009

Are You Living On Purpose?

For anyone who tried to post on here and it didn't work, it should work now. :)

I thought I'd share with you a song that really hit me between the eyes a few months ago when I realized that so much of my life and my walk with Jesus had become lifeless compliance... I was just going through the motions, trying to get by, to keep my head above water each day. Since then the words of this song have been the cry of my heart and I know that this trip to Africa is one step in making a change. But praise Jesus, He's already made some major changes in my heart and now I truly desire to live on purpose. I'm not saying I've learned yet, but His faithfulness and love in getting the truth from my head to my heart has given me new reason for living and I want to live it to the fullest! I know Jesus and I are walking together, no matter what! The song is called "The Motions" and it's by Matthew West.

This might hurt, it's not safe
But I know that I've gotta make a change
I don't care if I break
Atleast I'll be feeling something
Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna live one more day
Without Your all-consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything
Instead of going through the motions

No regrets, not this time
I'm gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love make me whole
I think I'm finally feeling something
Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of this life

Take me all the way (take me all the way)
Take me all the way (I don't wanna go through the motions)
Take me all the way (Lord I'm finally feeling something real)

That is what I want Him to do. Take me all the way. No more of this half-hearted commitment. No more living for the things that will pass away. No more quailing before the enemy's lies. Oh, I've only just entered boot camp and I don't want anyone to think I've become some spiritual super warrior. As Paul said and I'm sure I'll still be saying 50 years from now(if I'm still here), "Not that I have already reached the goal(to know Christ intimately) or am already fully mature, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also HAVE BEEN TAKEN HOLD OF BY CHRIST JESUS. Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus." Phil. 3:12-14 By the grace of God I'm going to stand up and fight and I'm going to spend the rest of my life seeking and loving Him with all I've got! Why? Because He chose me and called me to be His before I even existed! Because He loved me first and He took hold of me! Thank you my Prince Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Kari, I don't know if you still read these posts on these old blog entries, but I just want you to know that reading these is really hitting me emotionally. A lot of these feelings that you write about having about yourself, the thoughts you have, and the questions you ask are so similar to so many of mine that I have struggled with in the past. Many of them I still struggle with. The things you write about in these entries really speak to my heart, and make me think about things in ways that I never have before. Thank you so much for writing these!!

    - John Tewksbury

    ReplyDelete