Thursday, January 1, 2015

Words of Life For The New Year

As I step into this new year, I have no great or profound words to share.   And that is okay.  Far better to give the words of eternal life.  The only words that give LIFE!

So I give you the words of LIFE HIMSELF, words to infuse us with courage, strength, joy, and confident hope as we mark the passing of time on this earth and look forward to the return of our Overcoming King!  I have paraphrased some of these verses as Jesus speaking to you in the first person.

"In the world you will have tribulation.  But take heart....I have overcome the world!  Let not your hearts be troubled.  You believe in God; believe also in Me.  I go to prepare a place for you....I will come again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also.

I am the WAY, and the TRUTH, and the LIFE.

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.  For I have not given you a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Who will separate you from My love?  In all these things you are more than conquerors through Me...the one who loves you!  For you can be sure that nothing in all creation will be able to separate you from the love of God in Christ Jesus your Lord!

Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.  For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world.  And this is the victory that overcomes the world....your faith.  Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that I, Jesus am the Son of God?

To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcome and sat down with My Father on His throne.  The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.

When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory!  Oh death, where is your victory?  O death, where is your sting?  Give thanks to God, who gives you the victory through your Lord Jesus Christ!

He who testifies to these things says, Surely I Am coming soon!"

"Amen.  Come, Lord Jesus!"

Words of life taken from John 16:33, John 14:1-3, John 14:6, Romans 8: 35-39, 1 John 4:4, 1 John 5:4-5, Rev. 3:21, Romans 16:20, Rev. 12:11, 1 Cor. 15:54-57, Rev. 22:20

No comments:

Post a Comment