Friday, January 30, 2015

Favorite Movie Quotes To Brighten Your Weekend!

Just havin a little fun with this one.  :)  Since I have a propensity for remembering movie quotes and enjoy repeating them at random and/or appropriate times....I thought I'd "inspire" you with a few of my favorites!  See if you know any of these and who said them.



Princess Bride:

"Have fun stormin the castle, boys!"

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You kill my father. Prepare to die."

"My way is not very sportsmanlike."

"Be careful.  People in masks cannot be trusted."



Finding Nemo:

"P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way Sydney!"

"The sun is shining, the tank is clean.....(gasp)....the tank is clean!"

"What do we do, we just keep swimmin, just keep swimmin, just keep swimmin, swimmin, swimmin...."



Megamind:

"I'll just pack my thing and go!"

"What's the plan?"
"Well, it mostly involves NOT DYING!"
"I like that plan!"

"Warming up?  The sun is WARMING UP?"

"Oh Minion, you don't know what's good for bad!"

I"m the bad guy!  I DON'T save the day, I DON'T fly off into the sunset, and I DON'T get the girl! I'm going home."

"There's a benefit to losing.  You get to learn from your mistakes."

"This town isn't big enough for TWO super-villains!"
"Oh, you're a villain alright.  Just not a SUPER one!"
"What's the difference?"
"PRESENTATION!"

"Normally I'd chalk this up to my last glorious failure....but not today.  What can I say?  Old habits die hard."

"CODE: we're the good guys now?"
"CODE: I guess we are."

"Oh, oh, oh, I'm going....I think this is it...I'm going far away!"
"WHAT a drama queen!  He had you going, didn't he?  Classic Minion."

"You did it! You won!"
"I finally had a reason to win....You."



How To Train Your Dragon:

"This is awesome and scary!"

"You can't stop him, Stoick.  You can only prepare him."

 "It's a mess.  You must feel horrible.  You've lost everything....your father, your tribe, your best friend...."
"Thank you for summing that up."

"Three hundred years, and I'm the first viking who wouldn't kill a dragon!"
"First to ride one, though.  So?"
"I wouldn't kill him, because he looked as frightened as I was.  I looked at him...and I saw myself."

"What are you gonna do?"
"Probably something stupid."
"Good, but you've already done that."
"Then something crazy."
"That's more like it!"

"Thanks for nothing, you worthless reptile!"

"You don't have to go up there."
"We're Vikings!  It's an occupational hazard."
"I'm proud to call you my son."

"Turns out all we needed was a little more of....THIS!"
"You just gestured to all of me!"

"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon.  Only you can bring our worlds together....that is who you are, Son."



Pirates of the Caribbean:

"Why should I sail with any of you?  Four of you have tried to kill me in the past; one of you succeeded."

"You're mad!"
"Thank goodness for that, cause if I wasn't, this would probably never work!"

"Did none of you come to save me just because you missed me?"

"You're forgetting one very important thing, mate!  I'm Captain Jack Sparrow!"

"How far are you willing to go to save her?"
"I would die for her!"
"Oh good, no worries then."



Tangled:

"I am never going back!"

"You should know that this is the strangest thing I have ever done!"

"Too weak to handle myself out there, Mother?  Tell that to my frying pan!"

"Oh Mama, I have GOT to get me one of these!"

"I've got a PERSON in my CLOSET!"


Frozen:

"Some people are worth melting for.  Just....maybe not right this second!"

"Let's go kiss Hans!  Who IS this Hans?"

"An act of true love will melt a frozen heart!"

"Oh I love it!  It's so cute, it's like a little baby unicorn!"



Lord of The Rings:

"But what about second breakfast?"
"Don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip."
"What about elevensies?  Luncheon?  Afternoon tea?  Dinner?  Supper?  He knows about them, doesn't he?"
"I wouldn't count on it."

"Put aside the Ranger....become who you were born to be!"

"A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is NOT this day!  This day we fight!  By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you, STAND, men of the West!"

"Toss me."
"What?"
"I cannot jump the distance...you'll have to toss me!  Don't tell the Elf."
"Not a word."

"I can't carry it for you, Mr. Frodo....but I CAN carry you!"

"I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee.  Here at the end of all things."

"I wish the Ring had never come to me.  I wish none of this had happened."
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide.  All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"My dear Sam.  You cannot always be torn in two.  You will have to be one and whole for many years.  You have so much to enjoy and to be and to do.  Your part in the story will go on."



The Hobbit:

"Can you promise that I will come back?"  "No.  And if you do, you will not be the same."

"Why the Halfling?"
"I do not know.  Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found.  I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay..small acts of kindness and love.  Why Bilbo Baggins?  Perhaps it is because I am afraid...and he gives me courage."

"Did I not say that you would be a burden, that you would not survive in the wild, and that you have no place amongst us?  I've never been so wrong in all my life."

"It never ceases to amaze me....the courage of Hobbits."

"If this is love, I don't want it.  Take it away, please!  Why does it hurt so much?"
"Because it was real."

"If you ever pass through Bag End, tea is at four.  You are welcome ANY time!  Don't bother knocking."



Pride And Prejudice:

"What a superbly lighted room, and what excellent boiled potatoes."

"From this day you must be a stranger to one of your parents.  Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr. Collins....and I will never see you again if you do."

"You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you.  I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."

"Do you talk, as a rule, while dancing?"
No.  No, I prefer to be unsociable and taciturn.  Makes it all so much more enjoyable, don't you think?"

"You may only call me Mrs. Darcy when you are perfectly, completely, and incandescently happy."
"And how are you this evening.....Mrs. Darcy?"

"I love you.  Most ardently."


National Treasure:

"You don't know this?  I know something about history that you don't know?"
"I'd be very excited to learn about it, Riley."
"Hold on one second, let me just take in this moment.  This is cool!  Is this how you feel all the time?  Well, except now."

"I'm gonna kidnap him.  I'm gonna kidnap the president of the United States."
"Wouldn't it just have been easier to make an appointment?"

"Oh look, my tax dollars at work, coming to arrest me."

"Sir, please dismount the banister!"

"Ben, if it were you trying to convince me, you'd have less evidence and I'd already believe you by now."


Night At The Museum:

"I'm thinkin, I'm thinkin......I'm thinkin...."

"Is that you breathing?  Because I can't hear myself think!"

"Are there any questions?"
"Yeah, I got one.  How come you're wearin a dress?"
"This is not a dress.  It's a tunic.  It was the height of fashion 3,000 years ago, I assure you."

"I have come BACK....to life!"

"We're Americans....we don't plan, we DO!"

"You did ALL THREE....you spoke, and you crossed the line!"

"Do me a favor....put your hands in your pockets, turn your attitude WAAAAY down....and also, be nice to people!"


Wasn't that fun?  You're welcome!




















No comments:

Post a Comment