Friday, February 28, 2014

If You Thought 30 Was Exciting....

So last Sunday I hit 31 years.

Can I tell you the truth?  I don't like the sound of that number.  But can I tell you what redeems that?  It's only the age of my body.  My temporary home.  My soul?  It's ageless.  And so is yours!

So whether you'd like to turn back time to 1989, or 1960, or 1940....remember this.  We're not really getting older.  We're just getting closer to immortality!  Who needs the fountain of eternal youth?  Although according to my little bro, I must have found it.  When asked how old I was on my birthday, his answer?   A hundred!

But seriously, I'm looking forward to this year.  Because 30 was pretty exciting.  And I can't wait to see what God has in store for 31!

I thought it was a good time for a little remembering.  So here are some of the memorable moments from the past year of my life.

When I was 30, I.....

Took three months of Tae Kwon Do and earned my orange belt.
Biked and rode the train on the Cuyahoga Valley National Park scenic railroad and towpath trail.
Got my first stitches.
Spent three weeks in Romania!
Tasted homemade Romanian moonshine.
Sailed on Lake Michigan at sunset.
Wiped out on a wakeboard.
Wiped out on a horse.
Saw my first movie in a theater. Yep. Really.
Experienced the hot air balloon festival in St. Louis.
Did a 21 day media fast.  Which I could stand to do again!
Watched a couple of rodeos.
Worked with a new (to me) horse and gained confidence.
Moved from one state to another and back again.
Worked on a horse ranch and at two sweet little coffee shops.
Bought a car!

These are just highlights....all in all, it's been a wonderful year.  I've grown, and I've seen how much more I have to grow.  My life has been enriched with so many friends who have taught me things about life and God and horses and relationships and myself, and encouraged and enabled me in so many ways.

And I just have a feeling that now God is saying, "So you think 30 was exciting?  You ain't seen nothin yet!"

Bring it on!




No comments:

Post a Comment