Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's Snowing; Be Happy!

The past few years I have developed a negative reaction to that cold white stuff. This stems mainly from having to drive in it, which totally stresses me out. Also, the magic of snow fun kinda wears off when you grow up. And I plain don't like cold weather! But I've been driving long enough now that I've gained a good bit more confidence driving in bad conditions, though I still have to get used to it all over again with the first couple snows. So this year I have, begrudgingly at first, started taking more notice of the beauty of the snow. Not that I don't see it every year; I'm always awed by the sight of millions of sparkling jewels when a rare sunny day shows up the white brilliance. But I'm trying to appreciate it more this winter. And I've decided that I need to make some more snow fun for myself so I can get some of the magic back! Justin and I had a blast playing in it last week and i kept him out too long for his first time, but he was having so much fun! All we have for sledding is this pitiful little bank, but i try to make the best of it. Justin thought it was great! He wanted to go down again and again and again! Needless to say, I got some great exercise getting Justin and the sled up the bank all those times.


Here's the snow friend that my TALL brothers made and startled me one night when I got home from work!





I've been searching for places to go sledding on actual hills somewhere in Northeast Ohio, and I found out we actually have some ski resorts around here! I would love to learn skiing or snowboarding, but of course money is an object....One place offers snow tubing, which sounds totally cool to me! so I'm thinking if I do some really fun stuff in the snow I might decide to like it again! Snow tubing could actually make it cool to have a winter birthday! Now if I can just come up with a decent pair of snow pants....

Here's just a little brag on my sweetest little bro, Justin! 4 years old and full of spunk!






You can see what his current favorite pose is! I call it the Boz Face, it's an imitation of Boz the Green Bear Next Door who is Justin's absolute favorite character... these are the cutest movies that teach all kinds of basic stuff for toddler/preschool age while having tons of fun and learning about God!

Happy snow fun everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment